Firecracker rice is a fantastic, delicious, easy and quick meal to prepare in the evening or at lunch.
- Cooked rice (a plain white or brown rice is best)
- 1 Salmon steak/fillet per person
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 onion diced
- Half a teaspoon 5 spice
- 3 tablespoon soy
- 3 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Handful green beans
- 1 bell pepper cut into lengths
- Half a broccoli cut into small portions
- Squeeze of lime to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C fan.
- Start cooking your rice according to the instructions on the pack.
- Marinade the salmon steaks/fillets in soy and sweet chilli sauce, in their own kitchen-foil parcels.
- Place the foil with the salmon in the over for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Add both oils garlic onion and chilli to a wok style pan and gently fry until soft.
- Add the ginger and small portions of broccoli.
- Add in 5 spice and the rest of the vegetables.
- Add in the cooked rice (if the rice isn’t ready, take the wok off the heat and just reheat all together when ready, it won’t take long).
- Add lime juice and extra soy and seasoning to taste.
- Stir in cooked flaked salmon