Inspired by Kerry and Mike’s trip to Mexico, here’s the recipe for Kerry’s own Tequila beer guacamole!
Prep: 15 mins
Total: 15 mins
Serves: 2 people with a bag of nachos!
1 ripe avocado
4 regular sized salad tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 garlic clove, crushed or finely chopped
1 handful fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped (save a sprig for the garnish)
3 tablespoons of tequila beer (Desperados/Amigos)
1 small pinch of salt and pepper to season
Optional: A dash of hot chipotle sauce
Lets make it:
1) Using a knife slice the avocado lengthways all the way through to the stone and gently twist the two sides of the avocado to separate them. Remove the stone and scoop the mushy loveliness into a bowl.
2) Mash the avocado with a masher or a fork. Mash until you can only see a few small lumps (it doesn’t matter at all if the consistency is still a little lumpy, we love it this way).
3) To the bowl of avocado add chopped red onion, chopped tomatoes, crushed garlic clove, juice of half a lime, chopped coriander leaves and mix until evenly distributed.
4) Next it’s time to add 3 tablespoons of the tequila beer and mix well. Have a taste at this stage and add more if desired, just be careful not too add too much as you could end up with runny guac. At this point it’s also time to add a dash of hot chipotle sauce, but this is optional.
5) Finish off with a pinch of salt and pepper, gently mix, spoon into a bowl and top with one leaf of coriander for prettiness!
Ideally serve immediately, but it will keep well in the fridge for a few hours. Goes perfectly with nachos or BBQ chicken thighs!