After visiting The Ox back in August (Review of The Ox here) Helen and I decided that Marmite cauliflower should be a relatively easy but delicious thing to make at home.
- Cauliflower – half to 2/3s of a head
- Butter – or good quality butter spread
- Parmesan (optional)
- Oven proof dish
So here goes….
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 fan), 400F/350F fan.
- Cut as much cauliflower into normal portion sizes as you know you can eat.
- Add two mildly-heaped teaspoons spoons of butter and one of Marmite to a cup or other microwavable dish and melt gently. Stir together to make the magical buttery Marmitey mix. Pour over the cauliflower portions in the dish and mix so all pieces have Marmite on them.
- Add a small sprinkling of finely grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Put into the oven for 15 minutes, mix up again to re-cover all the portions with the mix, add more grated Parmesan and put back into the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked how you like it.